Saturday, July 5, 2008

Zebra Cake






I have been looking at these cakes for awhile on other sites and thought it was time to give it a go. It was really easy and effective but I think my layers were too thin. I think it would be more dramatic with thicker layers. Mental note to self for next time. Also I only used plain mineral water in it for the fizzy drink, I think the lemonade flavour would be better next time as it would add a little more sweetness. We did eat it unfrosted though, so it would have been sweeter with frosting on. I love the look and will definately make it again. I think it would look especially good as a birthday cake.


There are many recipes out there, this is the one I ended up using.http://www.realepicurean.com/zebra-cake/


1 comment:

Scott at Real Epicurean said...

Still looks like a great cake!